Forum rules - please read before posting.

More speech subtitle at the same time

edited March 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi all, have anybody tried to make a similar dialogue? 

Not about the grog (LOL), but make 2 or more NPC speak at the same time... it's possible with AC? I searched on the forum but didn't found nothing...

Tx and bye!

Comments

• No, as far as I know, AC can't do that directly... The dialogue/speech menu picks the current talking line and write it on the talking character position (or fixed position). But there is not a speech menu item for each talking NPC, everybody is using the same menu textbox.

With custom code It could be done though...

But I think this should be an useful thing... so please... request: more than one speech/subtitle at the same time.

PS. In an adventure I did a long time ago you had to use an object while some characters were having a background conversation... Obviously, you
    could talk, look at and say whatever you want at the same time... and everyone lines were on top of their character as it should be.
  • Tx @GrogMachine... ehm.. @MaaS (^_^) for confirm what I was thinking.

Let's see what Chris can do (if doable) for this request.
  • It's possible, but would involve a total re-write of the dialogue system.  It's something I've considered before, but it'd be a miracle if nothing broke.  I'll at least consider it.
  • Ok, understand, no problem Chris.
    Maybe you can make it for AC 2.0! :)>-

Tx!
  • edited October 2017
    This question is old, and I haven't found any more info on this. Is it still not possible to display many speech lines at the same time?
  • Never mind, I found the "Duplicate for each line?" option. All good now!