Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request: affectChildren behavior change in ActionVisible

At the moment the ActionVisible member affectChildren only affects the first level of children under the specified object. Would it be possible to make it recursively affect all children on all levels under that object instead? And if the current behavior is still necessary and can't be changed, could the new behavior be added on top of the existing one? affectChildren may change, in that case, from bool to an enum with options like AffectFirstLevelOnly and AffectAllLevels, or something similar. The reason for this request is that I have complex objects in my scene geometry that are composed of many levels and I need a way to easily show and hide the entire hierarchy under such objects.

Thanks!

Comments

• Put it down to me not knowing how to find all components of a type a the time I wrote that.  I'm not sure about the enum, though - it would cause upgrade problems.
  • Well, if you just plan to change the current behavior of affectChildren, then there's no need for any enum at all. It was just a suggestion in case you wanted to leave both behaviors - the existing one and the new one.

Anyway, thanks for considering this.