Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem saving game after 1.43a

Hi Chris, I think you are the only one who can solve this problem.
I noticed after upgrading from 1.42c to 1.43a that after a Cutscene (a long cutscene), I wasn't able to save anymore and it gives me this error: 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
System.Int32.ToString () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Int32.cs:672)
AC.SaveSystem.CreateInventoryData (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 invItems) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:1891)
AC.SaveSystem.SavePlayerData (AC.Player player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:840)
AC.SaveSystem.SaveSaveGame (Int32 saveID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:693)
AC.SaveSystem.SaveGame (Int32 elementSlot, Int32 saveID, Boolean useSaveID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:661)
AC.MenuSavesList.ProcessClick (AC.Menu _menu, Int32 _slot, MouseState _mouseState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuSavesList.cs:392)
AC.PlayerMenus.CheckClick (AC.Menu _menu, AC.MenuElement _element, Int32 _slot, MouseState _mouseState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1263)
AC.PlayerMenus.CheckClicks (AC.Menu menu) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1076)
AC.PlayerMenus.UpdateAllMenus () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1184)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:164)

In 1.42c the save after that cutscene worked, I just tried an old backupped version with 1.42c.

Can you drive me to the right direction so I can understand what in the cutscene can cause that problem?

If you need more deteils let me know.
Tx and bye!

Comments

• Ok, I think it's a general problem, because I passed that cutscene by giving the player the right object to go ahead. After another cutscene (not immediately after the one who caused the saving problems) I have the same problem to save...
  • Looks like something's wrong with your Inventory.  Do both problem cutscenes involve adding or removing an item?  Open up the Inventory Manager and see if any errors get thrown.
  • Mmmmh... after a quick investigation, thanx to your suggestion, I noticed that I checked the "Items can be reordered in Menu" and at certain point during the game this function doesn't work... 
    Now I unchecked it and the save problem seems vanished!
    This evening I try to make other test, because I also noticed that when I load a savegame made with the above function on, in the inventory I have an item it shouldn't be... O_O!
    I'll try the game from the real beginning and make fresh savegame.
    Tx for now! ;)
  • Ah, yes I can see how that would break things.  I'll be able to fix that for the next release.  In the meantime, unchecking "Items can be reordered in Menus" will stop the errors.
  • Yes, with that option unchecked it works properly!  :D