Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction "conflict" loop after 1.43a

Hi all.
I have, for some reason I don't explain, a hotspot interaction that calls another interaction inside themself if a condition is true. I call it with "Object", "Send message", "name of the interaction", "interact".
So, when I interact on that hotspot, in the very useful debug windows of the current active action list, I have Interaction 1 (the father) and Interaction 2 (the child) active.
When Interaction 2 finish, there's still Interaction 1 active and the game "hang".
It always worked with 1.42c, when Interaction 2 finish, also Interaction 1 was automatically killed. After upgrading to 1.43a, I have to add a line after to manually kill the father "Interaction 1".
If was only 1 there wasn't any problem, but I used that method for other hotspot and I cannot remember all...

Hope u understand... 
:-<

Comments

• edited April 2015
    What does your ActionList node editor look like on the "father" Interaction?  Please post a screenshot, at least of the part that has the Object: Send message and surrounding Actions.  Also, are both of these set to Block Gameplay when running?

The best way to do this now is to use the "ActionList: Run" Action - with that, you can specify whether or not you want the Action to wait until the new ActionList has finished before continuing / ending.
  • Yep, that room was made 1 year ago, with old version of AC that doesn't support the new ActionList actions, so I used that method. On the new rooms I'm using the new Actions, of course, but 'till 1.42c the old method worked. No problem, I'll correct during the beta test, ;)