Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List Editor Window not working

Hello

I've opened the action list editor window via Adventure Creator --> Editors --> Action List Editor. The Window appears, but I can't drag it, dock it or close it, and the console is going crazy with a stream of red error messages saying the following:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ActionListEditorWindow.TopToolbarGUI (Boolean isAsset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:276)
ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:255)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

How do I fix this, please? It's really hard to continue making my game with this problem!

Daniel

Comments

• Have just realised that I'm using Unity version 4.6.1 and the AC asset page says it requires 4.6.2 or higher - I'll try updating the version of Unity I'm using and see if that fixes the problem.
  • I've updated to Unity version 4.6.3 and I'm still encountering the same problem with the same error message.
  • edited April 2015
    What version of AC are you working with?  Be sure to update to the latest one in the Asset Store window - the line references made by the console error don't seem to match up with any recent version of AC.
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks for your reply, Chris! I updated AC to 1.43a, but was getting the same red error message (albeit with different numbers), but this time I was also getting a 'yellow' error message warning me that it could not find 'GUISkin asset file 'Assets/AdventureCreator/Graphics/Skins/ACNodeSkin.guiskin'. I looked in the graphics folder, and indeed the 'skins' folder wasn't present. Dragging it in from another project has fixed the problem.

Thanks again! Really enjoying using the asset.
  • Strange.  Well, if it's fixed, that's good.