Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timer not displaying (please help! Need to submit for Game Jam on Monday!)

Hello

I'm finding that, when running a cutscene containing multiple timed conversations, the timer bar only appears for the first conversation, and not for subsequent conversations. I've experimented with the order of the conversations and found that it's always the first one which manages to display, so it's to do with the order, and not that particular conversation itself. I've tried fixing this by splitting them into multiple cutscenes, having the end of one cutscene call the next, but the timer bar still only displays on the first timed convo.

Just to clarify: the timer is technically working on all the conversations, that is to say, the conversations select the default answer after the designated time has lapsed, the problem is with the UI, as the bar isn't displaying.

I know it's the weekend but I'm making an entry to the Ludum Dare game jam, for which the deadline is this Monday, and the timer bar is crucial to my gameplay; if anyone could help out by Monday I'd be forever grateful :) thank you!!

Daniel

Comments

• An update on this: I'm still encountering this problem every time I begin from this particular scene, but if I play from a previous scene which runs an action list which loads this scene, then the bar appears every time. 
  • edited April 2015
    So you're saying it works when the scene is loaded from another one?  If you need this solved quickly, just be sure to not start your game from this scene, even if it involves having an empty "dummy" scene in it's place.  I will look into a proper fix, but hopefully this will tide you over for now.
  • Thanks for your reply, Chris!

That's correct, it works when the scene is loaded from another one. Fortunately, I start with a different scene anyway, so it's turned out not to be an issue in this instance :)

I've submitted my entry to the Ludum Dare Game Jam! :D I've posted a link in the Games showcase forum.