Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character -> Face object: don't stop player from walking (after 1.44a)

Hi all,
it was only me that used this "trick" to stop player from walking before a Dialogue speech?

I noticed that after the last update, all the actions that makes the player walk to a marker (with the wait until finish checked), let the player face an object (with the wait until finish checked) to stop him walking and then speak, he still walk (like moonwalker, but my char isn't Michael Jackson, lol)...

Maybe after the new Mecanim improvement something is changed? There's another way to make it stop walking? I have a lot of action like that...

Comments

• I don't understand your sequence of Actions - please post screenshots that make it very clear.  Know also that you can use the "Character: Move along path" Action to stop a player from moving.
  • edited April 2015
    Here my sequence of actions, but I found a solution, even if I don't understand why in 1.43 worked this way...
    My solution was to increase the MoveSpeed parameter from 0.1 to 0.5 because I see when he was talking, the MoveSpeed value was 0.3
    Also with the Move along path -> Stop move there was the same issue... but with 0.5 works ok. Hope it works for all the game parts, don't have had the time to test it in other parts.

PS: if I check the "Don't animate speaker" it stop walking also with 0.1 of MoveSpeed.

• I'm not sure if this is a general issue or one that's Mecanim-only.  Would you mind PMing me your Player prefab so that I can test with it?
  • Ok thanks, i'll send you later Today! ;)