Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug? Inventory Interactions not triggered

Hi,

I have a trash can. On it a hotspot with two interactions: look and take. Take will add some paper to the inventory and disable the take action. So far so awesome.

Now I defined an inventory interaction on the hotspot for the paper which should put it back. When I select the paper from the inventory and left click with it on the hotspot nothing happens. The player is also not moving to the marker.

If I change the hotspot to "Single use interaction" dropping the paper works and the player moves. What could be wrong here?

Comments

• With v1.44?  You'll need to post screenshots of your Hotspot's Inspector, and the full Settings Manager.
  • Version is 1.44b. Below you find the requested screenshots!

imageimage
  • It's because you have "Include Inventory items in Interaction menus?" checked.  This option will allow you to use Inventory Items on Hotspots by first clicking the Hotspot, opening up the Interaction Menu, and choosing the Item from a list, just like you would your Use / Look etc.  To use Inventory items by selecting them from the Inventory, just disable that option.
  • edited May 2015
    I deactivated the option but dropping paper on the trash still does not work. 

I debugged a bit and found the code in question. It's in PlayerInteraction.cs->private void ChooseHotspotThenInteractionClick_Process (bool doubleTap)

There is a condition

if (KickStarter.runtimeInventory.hoverItem == null && KickStarter.playerInput.mouseState == MouseState.SingleClick && KickStarter.settingsManager.MouseOverForInteractionMenu () && KickStarter.settingsManager.SelectInteractionMethod () == SelectInteractions.ClickingMenu && KickStarter.settingsManager.cancelInteractions != CancelInteractions.ClickOffMenu)
    {return;}

which evaluates to true in my case. I think there, a condition for 

&& KickStarter.runtimeInventory.selectedItem == null

is missing as if I comment the block out it works. Or could something still be wrong in my settings?
  • No, this is probably a bug - with the number of options in there now, it's entirely possible.  However, I wouldn't be quick to add in the check, as it may disrupt other setting combination.  If making the change works for you now, then that can at least tide you over until an official fix is implemented.
  • This the condition you'll want to check for:

!(KickStarter.runtimeInventory.selectedItem != null && !KickStarter.settingsManager.cycleInventoryCursors)