Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot 2D issues with multiple hot spots.

SFGSFG
edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A

So what's going on, I have a dead body that is being treated like the tree object in the video.  You can examine
it, use it, etc.  Works dandy.  I have a character you can talk too
and whose dialogue changes based on inventory, excellent.  Now I'm trying
to make it so the player can look at the background wall and make a comment, but nothing is
working.

What I mean to say is
I've tried it multiple times and have encountered a different issue each time.
 At the moment what is going on is when I start the level everything
works, but the alley wall is un-clickable (like a normal waling dot, no interaction).  I then turn it's 2D collider on and off
and BAM it works, but now for some reason the dead body options stop working.
 So now the alley doesn't work on start for some reason and the dead body
only works if the alley's collider is turned off.  What could cause this?
 I read the manual's Hotspot section very carefully and watched the video
now 3 times.  I really thought I understood how this all worked, but now
I'm at a loss.  

I'll record a video in
about 2 hours and upload it to illustrate if necessary.

Comments

• Video illustrating the problem, as promised :)

http://www.screencast.com/t/X1m4ZptPCAa5
  • SFGSFG
    edited May 2015

• So long as you haven't accidentally set your Hotspot detection method setting to Player Vicinity (in the Settings Manager), then Hotspots will have no influence over one another unless they overlap.

Is is possible that your background sprite, or another object, has a Collider on the Default layer that's "competing" with the mouse when it's over the Hotspot?  The fact that it works when you cycle the Collider component off and on again suggests that could be the cause.
  • SFGSFG
    edited May 2015
    Ok checked it out.  Player Vicinity is not set (so that's good).  However, when I moved Alleylook onto a new layer, it didn't work,  but when I moved it back and poof EVERYTHING now works...  Why?  I have no idea.
  • Are there any colliders on your Alley background?  If so, that'd be the cause - but rather than moving it back you could instead move it onto the Ignore Raycast layer.