Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots without highlight

I use hotspots (and created a walk interaction) to transition between cameras in a bigger level. Especially in longer corridors these hotspots are the corridor itself, not a door. So highlight makes no sense and I left them empty. Now the log will be constantly flushed with warnings though. Am I using hotspots wrong? They work really nice for that use-case otherwise :-)

Cannot display correct Hotspot Icon alpha on Pathway_Staff because it has no associated Highlight object.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
AC.Hotspot:DrawHotspotIcon() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:180)
AC.StateHandler:OnGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:310)

Comments

• Just create a Highlight as normal and uncheck Brighten materials inside it.
  • Yes, I can put a highlight on some empty dummy object and then reuse it everywhere as a workaround. Isn't it a valid use case though to have hotspots that don't require a highlight? Why not execute the highlight code only if the highlight is actually set?