Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sounds when examine inventory objects

Hi all,
maybe this is a Unity related question, but maybe AC could come in handy...

I would like to play a sound when combining or examine different object I have in the inventory. For example when I examine a whistle, I play the sound of a whistle.

For a single scene isn't a problem, I attach the sound obj under the main camera and it plays.
But if I have 20 or 30 scenes, I cannot attach everytime all my sounds obj to the maincam...

So, there's a way to do this by using the sound library in the folder sounds? 

Tx all!
Bye

Comments

• You can do it with just one Sound object - add one in your scene, and give it a Constant ID number.  Then check "retain in prefab" and make a new prefab out of it.  Make sure it is in all of your scenes.

Then, reference this prefab when your ActionList uses a Sound: Play Action.  That will then cause it to look for your local Sound object in your scene, and play from it.
  • You mean like for the background music? I had think this solution, but it's not very "light". If I have 30 sfx for 30 inventory obj and 30 scenes... 
    I know it's a Unity limitation and not AC, but maybe AC can get rid of this.
  • Agreed I have over 50 scenes. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had to copy/paste 20-30 SFX in all scenes. Not to mention if I had to edit , add or remove one.
  • You can just parent it to a prefab that you know will be in your scene, e.g. the Player.  The Action will basically look for any Sound object that has a matching Constant ID number - it doesn't care where in the scene hierarchy it actually is.
  • Yeah! That's a simple and effective solution!  :-bd
    Namasté @ChrisIceBox
    :D