Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot save - maximum number of save files has already been reached

With AC version 1.46d, if I use all my 6 save slot, when I try to save on an existing slot (overwriting it) I receive this error. If I have 5 save slot I can overwrite the oldest...

Cannot save - maximum number of save files has already been reached.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
AC.SaveSystem:SaveSaveGame(Int32, Boolean, String) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:760)
AC.SaveSystem:SaveGame(Int32, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, String) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:750)
AC.MenuSavesList:ProcessClick(Menu, Int32, MouseState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuSavesList.cs:469)
AC.PlayerMenus:CheckClick(Menu, MenuElement, Int32, MouseState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1353)
AC.PlayerMenus:CheckClicks(Menu) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1143)
AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateAllMenus() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1270)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:169)

Comments

• Fixed in v1.46e.
  • edited June 2016
    I have this warning now! And I don't understand why. However I get this warning in another circumstance, i use Unity UI to make a saveslist of 20 slots. The empty slots are not visible, and if I click on it I get this same message. Using AC 1.51B
  • Fixed it by resetting the whole saveslist.
  • How did you reset the whole saveslist? I have this warning as well and figured I could resolve it by deleting/resetting the local save files but I don't know how or where...
  • Please post your warning in full, @Afello - the output posted in the first post referred to a much older version of AC and the line numbers no longer match up with the current release.
  • I have 15 slots, but if i save in 11 slot i got same mesage

Invalid editor window UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow
    UnityEditor.EditorApplicationLayout:FinalizePlaymodeLayout()
    Cannot save - maximum number of save files has already been reached.

• I made autosave in my game and delete SavesList from Save menu. Maybe problem in this?
  • The maximum number of saves, and the number of save slots in the Menu, are different properties.

The maximum number of saves you can make is defined under the "Save game settings" section of the Settings Manager.