Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound: Play one-shot also for background music

Hey Chris, I liked very much the new option for the sounds. It's easiest than the other way with the sound objects, we don't have to copy the prefab in all our scenes!

It could be possible to implement this options also for the music? Maybe with the possibilities to choose if the sound is under sfx or music or other (to align it with the Sound script).

It'll be more easy to play background music directly from the sound-clip than from the sound objects.

Just an idea and of course, only if it's possible.
Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Made some test with this new function, when I change scene, it loses the MainCamera under Position and the sound came from a distant position...
    Surely I'm missing something... and if I leave the Position empty, I cannot hear any sound (or maybe from a very long distance).
  • The Action's only intended for simple use cases - if you want music, or sound to continue over transitions properly, you'll need to use AC's regular Sound prefab.
  • I noticed the Sound Action only plays a sound once. What do I do when I want to play a sound more than once?

+ I put an AC sound prefab in the scene and attach a sound file,
    + I make a cutscene calling the "Action: Sound > Play" on that object.
    + I start the scene, press 'run now' on the cutscene, audio plays fine. Press is again... no audio! 

• Thanks for the steps, but they're not enough for me to recreate the problem - testing works OK for me.

How long is the audio clip, and is "Ignore if already playing?" checked in the Action?
  • edited July 2015
    Yes that one is checked. And they are very short audio clips. Just sounds like doors opening only 2 sec long.

I wait long enough after the first time to run the actionlist again. 
  • I can now also confirm that this effect does not happen when that 'Ignore if already playing'  is checked off.

So even though the sound is only 2seconds long, and I run the Sound>Play action again after 5 seconds, when 'Ignore if already playing'  is turned on, it won't replay the sound. 

• OK, recreated now.  This will be fixed in v1.47 - thanks for the bug report.