Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D animation problem

edited July 2015 in Technical Q&A
I have just started AC and has a basic issue.

If I make Animator Controller, Entry and Exit state made automatically.
Then if I drag and add animation files at the Animator window,
transition made automatically with one of the animation files.
The Entry, Exit and this transition cannot be deleted
Any advise?

Comments

• I don't think they should be deleted at all. What are you trying to achieve?
  • edited July 2015

You know, with AC, Animation should work automatically without making transition at all.

But with that problem, only one animation works.

• Here is the error message;

Animator.GotoState: State could not be found
    UnityEngine.Animator:Play(String, Int32)
    AnimEngine_SpritesUnity:PlayStandardAnim(String, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_SpritesUnity.cs:616)
    AnimEngine_SpritesUnity:PlayIdle() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_SpritesUnity.cs:542)
    AC.Char:AnimUpdate() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:516)
    AC.Char:_Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:274)
    AC.Player:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:69)

• edited July 2015
    Transition helps to move on to the next animation, that you put into your animator.
    Unless you call animation play in your actionlist one by one with wait till finished checked, you may leave all your animations in your animator with out transitions. But you have to have an empty state after Entry with a transition to it and you may leave all other animations in your animator with out transitions. So right click create state-> empty and link to your entry.

Have you added all your correct animations to your animator and call them correctly in your actionlist?
    Your error says that in your animator it can not find the animation you want to play .

A picture would have helped, here is mine:
    Hope this helps.
  • Yes, I setup things in a right way.

Like I said I cannot delete the link from Entry to random animation that it matches when I put animations in animator window.  so I cannot do things like you said.

Anyway, I should not need to based on the tutorial (2D game making).

If you go to 17min, he's saying that we don't need to care about transition at all.

I know how to make controlled animation but I'm just trying to use AC to make my game easier and faster.. I'm just frustrated as his tutorial does not work.   

• Oh..didn't check on Apply root motion. Now it works well!

:)