Forum rules - please read before posting.

Please make Camera Shake intensity max = 100

Max of 10 is still a bit weak and I don't see a reason for capping it there.

Comments

• In the meantime you can edit line 102 of ActionCameraShake.cs:

shakeIntensity = EditorGUILayout.IntSlider ("Intensity:", shakeIntensity, 1, 10);

and change the green part to whatever you want. I put it to 500 and it seems to be fine for my game (I guess it depends on the scale you're working at?)
  • Indeed - any limit like this can be edited.  Just as with the pause action, the cap is there because the slider becomes pointless otherwise, and having a slider keeps things more user-friendly.  You can also duplicate the Action's script file, give it a new name (class and filename), and use it instead of the default to avoid it being overwritten with the next update.
  • I think similar to the pause action this should be converted to a number field. From UX perspective I think there is not really the case for a slider which implies some sort of meaningful corridor of min and max. This corridor is highly game specific here and similar to an earthquake there is no upper limit.
  • Are you aware that all these values can be controlled using parameters?  There's no cap on the value if you parameterise it - you can place a single such Action in an ActionList, link the intensity / wait time to a float parameter, and call it using ActionList: Run.
  • I didnt realise that :) awesome. Also as Chris says make your own versions its fun and easy and you wont lose your code on update :) I have quite a few now.
  • I understand that the code can be edited. But when an update comes out, the edits are overwritten.  So the options are to:

1. Make the edit and then keep a separate list of things you have to remember to re-merge back into the code base. or...
    2. Make a completely separate custom duplicate action that you also have to track the source item for changes on update.  or...
    3. Use your parameterized action list.  I wasn't aware of this, but it still requires remembering to use a non-stock option instead of the OOB option.
    4. Ask to have the simple change made in the code.
    I already have a few places where I'm doing #s 1 and 2, but for this, those options are overkill.  If #4 is not implemented, then I'll go with #3, but it does increase the "tweaky" factor of stuff in my project.  

And for this Camera Shake action, there really isn't much difference between a 1 and 10 intensity.  Having it on a 100 scale provides some real range of choices.  Another option would be to keep the 1 to 10 scale, but multiply the effect by 10 in the function execute, to make the values actually have some differentiation.

Thanks!
  • For my money 10 was always a large enough effect - that's why it was capped there.  Having a slider gives it a clear indication of "low vs high" effect - but the cap will be removed in v1.47.
  • I like to shake it like a dog with a chew toy!  Thanks!