Forum rules - please read before posting.

Main Cursor blinking in/out rapidly.

Hi,

In one of my scenes the main cursor blinks rapidly changing between what looks like the hardware cursor and the custom cursor graphic I have set up. It works fine in all my other scenes.

I am using the WalkingDead_CursorManager from the AC downloadable assets. Cursor rendering is set to Software and the Main cursor is set to always display and replace the mouse cursor.

The scene I am having problems with has animated water and reflections (which is the only thing different) but I don't see how that would affect the cursor display. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Comments

• Running in the editor or a standalone build?
  • Both actually.
  • Try switching to Hardware rendering - your custom cursor graphics will be the wrong size, but this is just a test.  Does the problem still occur in the build?
  • edited August 2015
    Hardware rendering works fine. Except the custom graphics are not the wrong size, instead it shows up as the standard (hardware) mouse cursor. But it doesn't blink.
  • After messing with it for a while, actually I don't think this has anything to do with Adventure creator. I set the cursor to never display and hardware and it still blinks in and out. I think something somewhere in my scene is trying to force it to become visible and then AC is turning it off like it's supposed to.

This is supported by the fact that it only blinks during cutscenes in hardware mode when I set it to show. (since cutscenes hide the cursor). So I just need to find what's making it visible. That's a horse of an entirely different color. AC is behaving as expected though.

Thanks for your time.
  • Finally figured it out.

I
    accidentally left a Playmaker GUI object in my scene hidden deep in
    some hierarchy (I must have dragged it there by accident) and it was
    controlling the cursor visibility. Hopefully this helps somebody using Playmaker alongside Adventure creator.

Thanks again and sorry to waste your time. I feel pretty dumb spending two days on this mess :)
  • Just ran into same issue.  PlayerMaker adds a UI manager object that has a setting for controlling cursor.  Setting it off fixes problem.
  • Wow... you two guys deserve a medal.

And IMHO this should appear in the AC manual. Just a warning about this happening, because PlayMaker adds that object by default with the problematic option checked.

So many, many thanks!
  • Fair point - I'll add to the Manual in the next update.
  • I'm super happy to have found this thread!!
    Just had similiar issues with the cursor while trying out an Unity UI subtitles menu and so I thought I might have got something wrong with that, as it never happened with AC subtitles before. 
    But there it was, a Playmaker object I did not even use for the scene.
    I see this thread is more than a year old, but thank you soooo much!!