Forum rules - please read before posting.

Image effects on what camera?

Im using AC with UFPS and I have tried using image effects on the camera, when I place them on the FPSCamera on the UFPS prefab the effects show in the game-view but dissapear when I hit play. I have tried placing the image effects on the Main camera as well without result.

I recall having this working a few weeks ago, is there some kind of bug with the new AC or the latest Unity? I´m using the absolute latest versions of both.

Comments

• Place them on both - the UFPS camera will be active during regular gameplay, and the MainCamera will be active during cutscenes.
  • edited August 2015
    I tried putting them on both but it doesn´t work, they show up in the game-view but dissapear when I hit play. 

It works if I change from deferred to forward rendering. Anyone else have this problem?

AC 1.47 and Unity 5.1.2f1
  • That may be an issue with the image effect scripts, in that case - AC shouldn't make any difference here, it merely sets the correct camera to be active.
  • I can report the same problem here. The image effects don't work during runtime.
  • And if you change to forward rendering?  What image effects are you using?
  • I've changed to forward rendering to no avail. No camera effects work. I'm trying Noise & Grain and Bloom.
  • Is this a UFPS game?  If not, placing it on the MainCamera should be enough - otherwise, place it on both the MainCamera and the UFPS camera.
  • My problem remains, it´s a UFPS-game that has image effects on both cameras but image effects only work with forward rendering. No idea why or if it´s a AC or Unity-problem.
  • I still have this problem. No image effects work with deferred.
  • I tried another controller and you are right, it´s not AC thats the problem it´s UFPS.
  • edited February 2016
    UFPS is cool at what it does, but once you invite it into your project, you're basically handing over the steering wheel!  X_X
  • can I ask what version of Unity are you using ?

Because some effects only work in Pro Version. The good ones :P
  • Is it pro, because pro only has ability to use some effects, and make sure they are on Main Camera, not ACs GameCam
  • klarax  That's not the case anymore, they got rid of those differences between Pro and Free almost a year ago when Unity 5 was released. The differences between Pro and Free that exist now shouldn't cause this issue.
  • I see, cheers for the tidbit :)