Forum rules - please read before posting.

Noob error and missing toolbar

Hello,
I feel so silly asking such basic questions but I tried importing adventure creator in the 2D port and there is no tool bar at top also I have an error which wont load the demo.

Anyone have any idea what I have done wrong?  I am starting to think I have the files saved in the wrong place but I cant search where the adventure creator files are meant to be saved.

Thanks for your help in advance

Here is the Error message:

Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Kayla\Documents\Unity\TestDemoKayla\Temp\Assembly-CSharp.dll.mdb" is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean isAsync, Boolean anonymous) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolWriter.WriteSymbolFile (Guid guid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.SymbolWriter+SymbolWriterImpl.WriteSymbolFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.SymbolWriter.WriteSymbolFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.CodeGen.Save (System.String name, Boolean saveDebugInfo, Mono.CSharp.Report Report) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Comments

• Okay strange I opened an old file that was just saved in the documents folder and the toolbar and everything was there.   Maybe it is because I moved the files in which I was saving them.
  • Welcome to the community, @LadyAwesome!

It does sound like a file placement issue with your install of Unity / your project folder.  Glad it's working for you now.

• I think it is from start up.  Have to choose 3d and not 2d. Thanks for your reply.
  • Is there a way to force the rotation of the character to the bottom?  It says the pivot is at the bottom what when I put it into the game, it moves to the centre?
  • You'll have to post a screenshot of the problem - your description's not enough to go on, I'm afraid.  Please show how things look in your Scene window, and your character's Inspector (with the collider component expanded).

• See how the pivot of the character has moved from the bottom to the centre?  I cant even get the demo to work haha.  Also he keeps walking behind the grass.image
  • I don't know how far you've gotten into the tutorial, but the display order of the player vs scene is covered around 20 minutes in when we go into Sorting Maps.

The pivot of the sprite is set by secting the sprite in the Project window and editing the Inspector properties.  But it might already be correct - try toggle the "Centre" button at the top of your Unity window to see if it's just that the 3D cursor isn't centred at the pivot.
  • Okay thank you.