Forum rules - please read before posting.

Building 64-bit DX11

Hi everyone!

I can´t build a 64-bit DX11 version of my game, it crashes when i exit the game. 32-bit works fine and both 32 and 64-bit works fine in DX9.

Do any of you guys have the same problem? 

Comments

• Try checking the contents of your log files - they may shed some light.
  • Got the same problem
  • edited September 2015
    @UndyingSpite: At which point, exactly, does the game crash?  And any luck with the log files?
  • Have to check later fo the log - it chrashes by exiting the game, every time. It runs normal, i open the menu and choose "Exit" (Default menu) - then it chrashes.

• @UndyingSprite it´s exactly the same problems as I have, all my log files say are that there is some problems with the order of weapons in UFPS but I hardly think that is the problem.
  • I don't use UFPS
  • Just tested here - no problems with 64-bit DX11
  • The script command used by AC is just the standard "Application.Quit ();" function - if there's a problem when calling this function, I'm inclined to believe this is an issue with Unity, rather than AC.
  • @Snebjorn can you send me a simple project with just a menu or something that I can build to see if I have the same problem with a project that we know works?
  • edited September 2015
    Sure - just one question: have you checked if you have the same problem in a non-AC project?

EDIT: Just realised that Chris might not be too keen on us sending AC code to "strangers" we just met on the internet ...  :-)
  • @snebjorn I don´t really know how to try it without AC since I don´t know how to make a working "quit-button" without AC.

• edited September 2015
    1: Create a new empty project (no AC, just plain vanilla Unity)
    2: Create an empty GameObject in the default scene
    3: Add a new script called TestGui to the empty GameObject:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

#if UNITY_EDITOR
    using UnityEditor;

public class TestGui : MonoBehaviour {

void OnGUI() {
    if (GUI.Button(new Rect(10, 10, 60, 30), "Quit")) {
    #if UNITY_EDITOR
    EditorApplication.isPlaying = false;
    Application.Quit();
    }
    }
    }
  • Thank you, @Snebjorn, you'd be right.  Thing is, the code you posted is
    exactly the same as AC uses (including the editor check) - does that
    work for you?

See if you can find a file called "output_log.txt" in your built game's data folder.
  • Didn't copy that code snippet from AC - honest! - but it does look quite similar ... :-)
  • It wasn't an accusation ;)
  • The code from @Snebjorn works just fine, 64-bit DX11 build quits without any problems.
  • Same problem with the AC demo in a clean project?
  • I suspect that the issue lies within AC's data somewhere - the exact code to quit is likely a red herring.  Please look for that logfile I mentioned.