Forum rules - please read before posting.

"New game" full reset?

Hi,

What's the correct way to reset everything (except options) when starting a new game at runtime, i.e. during gameplay? I've been trawling through the scripting guide to see if I could find a single function to do this, rather than try to reset everything manually (which would probably be a good recipe for problems down the road), but couldn't really find anything that sounded like it would do it in one go ...

Comments

• There's an action under Engine -> End Game -> Restart Game, but that actually runs the entire game from scratch, including any Action Lists that are set to run at the start of the game.
  • edited September 2015
    Ah, cool - just what I was looking for!  ^:)^

Looking at the C# code, it does go through a series of steps to reset the system, which would be very easy to modify to avoid running the global on-start action list.
  • Oh, cheers for pointing that out. I was looking for something to just reset certain components of the game (like global variables); I think I'll hack apart that action and create a new one for my own needs.
  • edited September 2015
    Maybe you can use the variable presets for this? Set up a preset with the variables set as you wish, and fire a Variable -> Assign Preset action?
  • @machineboy, oh wow, I never noticed that facility before. Thanks for pointing that out!