Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Fade Out - Custom fade texture ignored after upgrade to 1.48

edited September 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris,
I think you are the only one who can understand this. 
I updated AC from 1.46e to 1.48a. It was all ok (just some issue already fixed) but I noticed that my fade out transitions where I put a custom texture (ex. white instead of classic black) is ignored (still continue to make it black!).
That's happened after the upgrade, but I don't know if was in 1.47 or 1.48...
No hurry, but take a look for the next update. ;)

Thanks and bye!

Comments

• Bug reproduced, sorry for that.

It will indeed be fixed in the next update.
  • Thanks man and no problem!  :)>-
  • Tested in these days the scenes with the fade to white and... the fade out is correct, it fades to white. The problem is with the fade in, it fades from black... it doesn't care the previous fade out to white.

Still Unity 4.6.9f1 and last AC 1.49a
  • You'll have to manually assign the white texture for the fade in again.
  • Mmmm... there isn't the "custom fade texture" for the fade in options like for the fade out... and I think it's correct because it should fade from what it fade out last time. In the 1.47 worked this way.  :|
  • I'll look into it.
  • Perfect, thanks!  :)
  • edited November 2015
    I can't actually recreate this - fading out with a custom texture, waiting a moment, and then fading back in also uses the same texture.  What are your Actions that cause this, exactly?
  • edited November 2015
    Yes, sorry. In between there's a change scene. 
    Just tryed the fade out / fade in in the same scene and it works.

Fade out to custom white texture.
    Change scene.
    Fade in (not set in the player start marker but in the cutscene "onstart").
    Just tryed also to use the Fade in on start in the player start marker but with the same result.

If can be help, in the 1.46e worked like a charm.
  • Make sure that Overlay current screen during switch? is checked in your Engine: Change scene Action - otherwise it won't store the fade texture after the scene change.  Failing that, you can just put an instant fade-out Action in the new scene with the same texture just before the fade-in.
  • Thanks man! The Overlay current screen during switch? solved my problem!  ;)