Forum rules - please read before posting.

Wrong animation after loading

edited June 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm using version 1.34b and Unity 4.3.4f with Mecanim Animation Engine set.
After a cutscene I saved the game and this works correctly.
During game, if I make an action like crouch to get something and I press esc while in crouch position, main menu appears and i choose to load the previous save. 
It loads normally but my char remains in crouch position forever, even if I walk or make other actions. 
I have to add a "Remember" script to my char? I have the default ones: Capsule Collider, Rigidbody, Player, Paths script, Audio Source.
Bye!

Comments

• Use the "Cutscene on Load" cutscene field to set up your player's initial animation state.
  • Ok, but it doesn't work. 
    With Mecanim, I have an animation called Crouch that's float value. 
    If I load a saved game while Player is in that position, the value remains in True (1) state, also if I put a Character Animate - Play custom - Idle in the OnLoad Cutscene... 
    In fact, i tryed to give a transition time to 1 so I can see the Player pass from Crouch to Idle and immediatly return in Crouch position... I think because the float value of Crouch is still True.
    I hope you understand. 
    @-)
  • Don't set it to Idle, instead use Change Parameter Value in the Action to manually update your FSM's Crouch parameter.
  • Doing that, when loading a previous saved game, the first second you can see the Player get up. Not so cool to see. 
    I found a workaround, I disabled the Pause menu by changing the AppearType from "On input key" (the Esc key) to "Manual", so you cannot Load while doing a Cutscene or IsTalking... 
    :|
  • Try having two Actions: first change the parameter value, *then* play idle.
  • Ok tx man.  ;)