Forum rules - please read before posting.

XBox-Controller Setup

Hi Guys,

I am trying to setup my Xbox-Controller to move the character with the left analog stick and control the cursor with the right analog stick in direct control mode. I tried different setups but nothing seems to work properly - can somebody help me out?

Thanks!

Comments

• does it work on other games?

have you got it set to direct input in the AC settings tab?

Are all the correct inputs listed in edit > project settings > input?
  • Make sure your Input method (in your Settings Manager) is set to Keyboard Or Controller.

Then map your inputs according to this page.
  • Ok, got it working - used the wrong axes. 

Thanks guys!
  • Hi, I have the same problem. The right stick doesn't work. I'm using lastest AC 1.55c with the Walking Dead plugin for 2D game and Unity 5.4. I'm using a X360 controller.

I set my Setting Manager like this :

- Direct
    - Keyboard or Controller

My method was to create two new axis for the joystick.
    My input setting are like this :

It work in Unity project without AC.
    Any clue or help ?

• My bad, all is in the manual :D
    Chapter 2.8 ! 
    All work perfectly... love AC. 
  • To use both the mouse to move a cursor and controller joystick, I've set my project AC settings to Keyboard or Controller and set up the inputs out listed in the manual. This indeed moves mouse pointer cursors about with controller, unfortunately none of my other code (non AC) now works, e.g. torch following mouse cursor/pointer position.

Is there a way to keep with the AC Mouse and Keyboard set up, (because my other codes follow mouse pointer input position) but get some way of having the mouse pointer move from controller joystick axis.

(I’ve tried adding input set up Mouse X and Mouse Y on Joystick - as above – didn’t work sadly) ?

Or is there some other AC setting that I can use to track Cursor position in the other codes, e.g. rather than follow Input.mousePosition?

Could AC be set to move the Input.mousePosition using a controller not just mouse?

• Is there some other AC setting that I can use to track Cursor position in the other codes, e.g. rather than follow Input.mousePosition?

Yes, you can read:

AC.KickStarter.playerInput.mousePosition

Which will return the AC's cursor position, regardless of how it is controlled.

Could AC be set to move the Input.mousePosition using a controller not just mouse?

Yes, you can map and override to AC's InputMousePositionDelegate. See the Manual's "Remapping inputs" chapter for more on this topic, as well as this tutorial, but here's an example script:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class CustomMouseInput : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.playerInput.InputMousePositionDelegate = MyInputMousePosition;
        }

private Vector2 MyInputMousePosition (bool cursorIsLocked)
        {
            return new Vector2 (Input.GetAxis ("CursorHorizontal"), Input.GetAxis ("CursorVertical"));
        }

}