Forum rules - please read before posting.

Background music restart when click on submenus

Hi Chris, hi all.

I created different music prefab to play across scenes, and that works correctly.
When I open the main menu (and both prefab and gameobject of the music have "play while game paused" checked) the music still play. Also this is correct. ^_^

But I noticed, when I open every submenu, Options or Load or Save, it open the submenu but the music restart from the begin. And when I hit the Back button, it go back to the main menu and the music restart twice (quickly)! O_O!

I read about somebody who have an issue where the sound plays when he exit (or enter) the menu... sometimes and in a specific scene, I also have this issue.

If you need any other details let me know.
Thanks

Comments

• Does this occur in the first scene that the music is placed in?  Are you using the unmodified AC menus?
  • This occur in every scenes, not only the first. 
    And i'm using the original AC menus, with some graphics modifications but the menus are the one you created for the demo.

Tried to substitute my menu manager with the original one of the demo and the restart still persist. Made a quick video to show what's happen and how the music prefab is setted. 
    Last thing, the music start with the OnStart cutscene with the "ignore if already player" checked (unchecking it the music still restart).

• Does this occur for you if you run the 3D Demo as normal?  The gameplay music there is also set to run in the background, and doesn't reset for me when exiting the menus - nor if "Retain across scenes?" is checked.
  • Tried with both Basement demo and 2d Park demo, changing the manager to the corresponding demo, the problem still persist.

So I create a new project, with only AC 1.48b and Unity 4.6.8f1 and opening the basement demo I still have the sound restart problem... without modify anything.

Am I the only one who have this issue?
  • edited October 2015
    HINT (like in adv games, ^_^): just tried to open a new project with only AC 1.48b and Unity 5 (last version, 5.2.2) and all works properly!
    Cannot try with my own project for compatibility problems with U5, but maybe it could be a compatibility issue with Unity 4?
  • edited October 2015
    It certainly is - this is why it's important to include the version of Unity when reporting issues.  I shall see if it's fixable.