Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding a continue game button to main menu

My main menu is in a scene that doesn't load AC yet.

I want ot check AC's savegame system to see if there is a save game (I'm assuming by checking in AC.SaveSystem.GetNumSlots() is greater than 0 -- is there a more elegant way?)

and then calling AC.SaveSystem.ContinueGame();

which prefab do i need to add to this non AC scene so the save system will be already operatoins? or what function in AC do i need to call to initialize it.?

Comments

• or -  should i just make my MainMenu an AC scene too?
  • Yes, just make it an AC scene.
  • I encountered a strange behaviour when I turned this into an AC scene - 
    the following scene did not load the Unity UI prefabs. 
    I have no idea how or why this would happen. 
    when i removed the AC stuff from the scene and tried again - the Unity UI Prefabs loaded fine in the following scenes. I did not fully research it yet. any suggestions what i should look for?
  • edited January 2016
    I had similar issue. Then I compared the scenes I notice I didn't have one obect in my hierarchy, don't remember what it was, I thinkit was GameEngine...
  • @skytree i have that in both scenes
  • Your UIs should be loaded in the first AC scene, and then survive future scene changes.  Are they loading in the first scene?
  • the UI is loaded in the first scene and goes away in the second scene.
    i origianlly created that second scene without AC folder strustuce but even if i add a _UI Gameobject it still disappears when loading that scene.
  • I tried going stratight from the menu to a scene that works if i start from it, the UI that's loaded in the menu scene goes away in that scene as well
  • Try removing the "_UI" GameObject from both scenes instead.  What version of Unity?
  • I removed the _UI gameonest on the first two scenes  - it works, and even works when it's left in the third scene.