Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can I make a New Game Button reset all existing variables and constant IDs?

I know it's a bit of an odd problem but I ran into an unusual issue when doing the demo at FIG and I don't know how to fix it.

My game takes place over multiple scenes with lots of local variables and saved cameras/triggers/ NPC placement etc. Everything works fine the first time the game is played. I added a New game button to a custom Title Menu which really just loads the first scene and resets global variables. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to access local variables and camera constant ID's etc from the Action List editor without being on the scene.

I am looking for a one time way to reset everything. So far, quitting the game and coming back in works. But if I access New Game from within the same session, then all the variables are wrong. For example when I leave the starting stage to go to the next level, the camera is still set to the last saved position.

Thanks for reading that, I know it's a bit long.
Alexander

Comments

• Never mind, I am apparently blind. Engine-> End Game -> Restart Game takes care of that.
  • This was very helpful to me now, four years later, so thank you for asking and then self answering.