Forum rules - please read before posting.

Title-screen menu tutorial buttons not working...

edited June 2014 in Technical Q&A
Following this tutorial:

After making the new Title menu the Options and Load buttons don’t work. Rather than pull up the appropriate menus the game starts in the current scene when I click them (causing the avatar to plummet to lord knows where lol.)

After playing around, I set the Cutscene to launch the original pause menu, but I switched the Pause menu buttons to call up my new Load and Options menus with the back buttons changed to point to the new Title menu. This worked fine, the new pause and load menus come up just fine. However, once they have switched back to the new Title menu (after clicking their back buttons) I can not call them up again, rather the game just starts like before. I don’t have any error messages in the console.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there something I’m overlooking? Ideas?

Thanks!
Ben

Comments

• What does the inspector for your "back button" look like?  Setting the Click type to Crossfade should take you back to the title menu, but you can also assign an ActionList asset to use Actions to turn off and on the appropriate menus.
  • The "back button" is set to Crossfade, but I don't see that button as I can't get there from the new "Title" menu. The Title buttons to access the new Load and Options menus are set to Crossfade as well, but clicking them just disables the menu and starts the game.

I did use this same scene to create the 3d menu on the next tutorial page before reverting back to the standard 2d menu. Maybe something got corrupted along the way? If no one else is having issues with this scene then maybe I'll just move on, since I was only following tutorials with this build. If the issue comes up again I'll post another question with more details.

Thanks again!
    Ben