Forum rules - please read before posting.

Activate hotspot without mouse

It´s been some time since I used AC and I switched from first person to third person controls and ran in to some trouble. When my player walks up to a hotspot I want to be able to interact with it without having to hover the mouse over it, just standing by it. How do I do this?

I use the Third Person Controller asset.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Use trigger?
  • I tried using a trigger and Input: Check for InteractionA but it doesn´t work.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm not sure but you would need to check your player that it does send collisions or add some component that sends collision.
    You might want to check section 5.6 Triggers in the manual.

Or 3d tutorial where tinpot triggers camera change.
  • I don´t really understand what you mean. While inside the trigger none of the Input: Check works :/

Tried both On enter and Continuous without result.
  • It just struck me that it do in fact work... BUT only if the button is pressed while moving into the trigger. I want to check for input while being inside the trigger. This must be achievable? 
  • Sorry I haven't done triggers. But I do remember that 3d tutorial of Tinpot trigging an interaction/actionlist does exactly what you want. Have you checked it out yet?
  • Yes i watched it back when it came out, guess I have to watch it again :)
  • You want to use the Player Vicinity method of detecting Hotspots.  See this tutorial for more information.
  • edited December 2015
    That did the trick! Thanks!