Forum rules - please read before posting.

Smooth Change of Sorting Maps

Greetings,
I am new to using AC.
I am making a point and click adventur game. I had a scene where there are stairs. The player when going up its scale gets smaller since when going up means going further from the camera.
To avoid this I have added two triggers to switch between 2 sorting maps.

my problems is I managed to have the player scale change the way i want when the player goes up the stairs. but the player can approach the trigger from different sides which means different scales depending on which side he is coming from.

- I would like to now if there is a way to get a smooth change between sorting maps? or if there is a way for the player to climb stairs without getting smaller?

Comments

• You can use the Character: Change rendering Action to lock a character's scale regardless of their position on a SortingMap - and the same Action again to unlock it afterwards.
  • well that would work if I didn't want the player to change size while going up.
    also when the player go to stairs, he is coming from different directions. if he came from the front the scale is ok but if he came from top left side then there is a clear change in scale. Is there a way around this? =)
  • This is a very visual problem.  I'm going to need to see what you're referring to, to help further.  Please provide some screenshots of your scene + sortingmaps.