Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.50 - Improved navigation, UFPS support and multi-scene editing

Comments

• Unbelievable work Chris once again, thank you very much, I havent upgraded yet but I will, I find AC is really perfectly allowing me to glue my game together well now. Happy new year!
  • Thanks! been waiting for this, and will check it our shortly!
  • Hi, i have problem with Action > Object > Call event function

i put bool enabled to true by example 
    and when i play the game, he change to false alone everytime. he not keep the variable i put before.

anybody have the same error or i missed something. 

Thanks
  • edited January 2016
    @eclyptik: Recreated on my end.  Not sure if this is a Unity bug or an AC one, but I will look into it.

Update: It's a limitation on Unity's part when using a custom Editor.  For now, you won't be able to pass parameters using Object: Call event - but you can use Object: Send message instead.
  • Ok Merci beaucoup Chris! As soon ;-)
  • allright Chris. Thanks for response.

Sorry but i have another important question about the Depth of field, i add a script on Main camera
    for update  the focal distance each time i change camera. When i switch to Game animated camera, he lost the information and go to 10 by default in focale distance. we don't have the settings in animated camera like other Game Camera.

is there a possibility to have the focal distance setting in Game Animated Camera ?

And if i want to animate the focal distance for make a special effects ? how do this in AC ... if exist

Thanks a Lot and happy new Year 2016 dear Chris.

• @eclyptik: Please post future questions in the Technical Q&A thread - this page should just be for v1.50 feedback.

If you want to animate the FOV, you'll need to animate a value using Unity's animation system and adapt your script to copy it to your MainCamera when appropriate.

When working on my own project that uses complex camera animation, I've personally animated my own "Camera" as a character rig, using a bone to control FOV.
  • Version 1.50c
    • Added: Transform field to Character inspectors that will override the placement of Menus set to display Above Speaking Character and Above Player
    • Changed: The “ToggleCursor” Input is no longer mapped to Left Alt by default, and must be added manually to the Input settings
    • Fixed: Unity UI objects duplicated for multiple speech lines not being deleted when the speech line they are created for has ended
    • Fixed: Error with 2D Toolkit integration
    • Fixed: Issue when teleporting a character that uses a NavMeshAgent
  • Thanks for the update, Chris! Is the "Auto-add save components to GameObjects" system-wide, ie. does it run through all your scenes in your project? I noticed it did not add ConstantId's to my GameCamera2D's, but maybe it's not supposed to.

Anyway, great update! 
  • Version 1.50d/e
    • Added: The “Player: Constrain” Action can now be used to manually set the cursor’s lock state
    • Added: Ability to display a custom texture in an Interaction AC Menu element instead of the cursor icon graphic
    • Added: “Speech” type to Sound prefab - which can be used to play non-speech audio at the same volume as regular speech
    • Fixed: Unity UI elements not always responding to mouse clicks
    • Fixed: Issues with UFPS integration
    • Fixed: Not being able to set the Minimum limit values on 2D Drag cameras.
    • Fixed: Issues with showing Unity UI menu elements that are hidden by default
    • Fixed: Connections no longer being retained when pasting copied Actions in the ActionList Editor
    • Fixed: Rare issues with Choose Interaction Then Hotspot mode
    • Fixed: Issue when switching to WebPlayer platform
    @machineboy: It will run through all scenes listed in your build settings, and should assign ConstantID numbers to cameras referenced by Camera Actions.
  • edited January 2016
    First, There are two minor bugs in the OuyaIntegration.cs script that cause compilation errors:

1. line 80 needs to be  
    #if UNITY_ANDROID && !UNITY_EDITOR && OUYAIsPresent

2. line 85 need parenthesis for the conditional 
                                     OuyaSDK.OuyaInput.GetAxis(0, OuyaController.AXIS_LS_Y) * ((invertMouseY) ? -1f : 1f));

Now,  I compiled it - and it doesn't actually work on the OUYA :(
    Added two debug logs - seems like the delegate assignment is being called but the delegate functions themselves (i.e. GetButton, etc..) aren't

I placed a breakpoint in the playerinput.cs file line 1334 - 
    InputGetMouseButtonDown and it seems that the delegate is null even though it was assigned in my script that's attached to the persistantEngine.
  • (oops - meant to open a seperate thread for this. )
  • After upgrading, it seems that Follow sorting map -> Edit-mode Preview is not working. When moving 2D characters I'm not getting a realtime preview. I'm on latest AC and Unity 5.2.1f1. Maybe you could check and see if something broke, or if it's trouble at my end?
  • Not sure if the UFPS camera-switching bug was meant to be fixed in this latest update, but it's still present.
  • edited January 2016
    @SoundGuy: Try changing the OuyaIntegration.cs script's Script Execution Order to a value greater than the default (0).

@machineboy: Yes, something broke - thanks for the report.

@GeometriX: All seemed better in mine - better post in a new thread for this one.  Bear in mind the latest update allows you to force the cursor state using Player: Constrain.
  • I'll try that.

Also - the 
    The sprite child of 'Smokey' is not positioned at (0,0,0) - is this correct?
    is back - on spites that i'm sure are in 0,0,0

also also the inventory disseapring bug isn't gone. i've encountered it again- will try and reproduce.
  • I changed the script execution order and tried that - in my Intro scene it doesn' work. then i went on implementing something else - i added AC to my main menu and now there's a cursor there that moves with the ouya controller, but when i switch to the intro scene it stops responnding, is there anything that can cause these delegates to reset ?
  • No - delegates are not reset or reassigned, but they do need to be re-assigned each scene.  Place the OuyaIntegration on your GameEngine, not the PersistentEngine.  Otherwise, it's Start function won't be called when you change scene.
  • v1.50g is now out, and fixes a critical issue regarding saving between scenes in Unity 5.3 and above.  If you're using 5.3 or 5.3.1, you're strongly advised to update:
    • Added: Ability option to the Cursor Manager to always show the system cursor while running games in the Unity Editor
    • Added: When a character’s Teleport function is called, the message “OnTeleport” will be sent to their GameObject, to aid custom controllers
    • Fixed: Critical issue in which data is not saved between scenes in games built with Unity 5.3.x
    • Fixed: “Input: Check” Action having the wrong description
    • Fixed: Error messages when switching scenes in games that rely on duplicating speech menus
    • Fixed: UFPS-based Players not turning when the “Object: Teleport” Action is used to rotate them
  • Heyo, loving these updates :) I'm upgrading my projects now, but I noticed something strange - this one project went from 1.47b to 1.50g, I updated the GameEngine and PersistentEngine, and did a re-import aftwards like you said, but every time I change a setting on my player prefab (in the Resources folder), he doesn't appear in-game on play and I get some errors. That is, until I re-import GameEngine... then everything works fine. And continues to work fine until I edit a setting on the player again- same deal. I already tried reverting the GameEngine in the scene. Still happens. Weird?