Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.50 - Improved navigation, UFPS support and multi-scene editing

124»

Comments

• Json will only work in 5.3 and above - which Unity version were you working in before?
  • Ah, that might explain a lot! I was on 5.2.1 (which, to my defence, I stated in my first post) :)
  • Version 1.50h is now out.  Added to the upgrade notes is the fact that custom-assigned lipsync files are now "objects" rather than Text Assets.  Unfortunately, this means they'll have to be re-assigned - but it's a recent (and quite specific) feature, so hopefully it's impact will be minimal.
    • Added: Experimental option to save game data in Json format (Unity 5.3 and above only)
    • Added: Option to Speech Manager to give identical speech lines the same ID number
    • Added: Adventure Creator component submenu, which lists individual components that are commonly needed
    • Added: The “Engine: Change scene” Action now has an option to reload the chosen scene if it is already open
    • Added: “Is Player?” option to “Object: Send message” Action
    • Changed: Lipsync file fields that are shown if “Auto-name speech audio files?” option is disabled are not Object fields, not TextAsset
    • Changed: “Always show system cursor in Editor?” option in Cursor Manager is now enabled by default in Windows
    • Fixed: 2D characters occasionally disappearing in Windows builds
    • Fixed: Issue with Android builds when player profiles are enabled
    • Fixed: Minor NRE errors under rare circumstances
    • Fixed: Issues when using the NavMeshAgentIntegration script in conjunction with super-accurate pathfinding
    • Fixed: “Engine: Change scene” Action not being able to run other Actions afterwards if it is only preloading
    • Fixed: Speech IDs sometimes being re-assigned if their Speech Action is duplicated
    • Fixed: Cursor issues when manipulating PickUp and Draggable objects
    • Fixed: Issues with playing custom 2D character scaling and rotation animations
    • Fixed: Jerky motion with Animated GameCameras that follow targets with Rigidbodies
    • Fixed: Outdated instructions for 2D Toolkit integration in the Manual’s Section 3.8
    • Fixed: Interactions still running if the Player is made to stop using the “Character: Move along Path” Action when moving towards a Hotspot
    • Fixed: Highlighted text colour for DialogList elements no longer having an effect
    • Fixed: Rogo Digital Lipsync integration not working if “Auto-name speech audio files?” option is disabled
    • Fixed: Script sheets not showing correct lipsync or audio filenames if “Auto-name speech audio files?” option is disabled
  • Thank you very much.
  • Is there some advantage to saving in Json?
  • @Deckard_89: Only if you have problems without it - so far it's only been necessary for a few isolated cases where XML on iOS isn't working.
  • Critical bug found when using Unity 5.3 or above - all users are recommended to upgrade to v1.50i:
    • Fixed: Scene objects not always saving if only minor changes are made in Unity 5.3 and above
    • Fixed: Issues with “Keep out of Player’s way?” option for NPCs
  • edited February 2016
    That thing with scene objects not being saved ... I was just about to try and figure out if I was suddenly doing something wrong or there might be a bug in there somewhere.

Will update immediately and see if it solves it for me.

EDIT: Yup, seems fixed in 1.50i :)>-
  • Unity are really testing everone's patience with 5.3 - so it's great to see how you're constantly cleaning up after all their breaking changes.

These days AC is actually one of the only components I'm using that's not flooding the console with compiler warnings or worse ... X(
  • edited February 2016
    @Snebjorn: I hear you on 5.3 - a lot of these things are so obscure it's really only when it's been out in the wild for a few weeks that these issues get found.  I know that making engine changes improves things in the long run, but their documentation on what needs to be changed each time is quite lacking.

Hopefully this'll be the last bugfix update for v1.50.
  • Oh no - I was beginning to rely on these update notifications as a reminder to change my underwear!  :)
  • Definitely, Chris is the superstar of the Asset Store :)

The multi-scene support is great! It's a shame Unity itself hasn't figured out how to do cross-scene references yet. That would really supercharge everything.
  • Hello:

Terrific product! 

I was trying to get AC to work with the new Apple TV. I know that it is not currently supported, but was wondering if you can provide any advice on maybe how to get the Basement demo to work with this.

I got the intro to work by adding a check for "Unity_TVOS" also where there were errors. In the settings I changed to "touch screen" for  input method. 

The interactions do not work after the intro. The Apple TV Siri remote uses a dpad for touch events and also tap and click events. The remote can also use clicks on the menu and forward button during gameplay.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

• I don't have any experience with Apple TV myself, so I can't give any advice regarding it.  However, it is possible to override AC's input functions using delegates.  This tutorial covers the workflow.
  • edited February 2016
    I just upgraded from 1.48 to 1.50i and now I cant see the icon when I am looking at a hotspot, my triggers now dont work either. Any ideas? All my managers appear to load fine including the cursor manager. I'm seeing a fair few references to the same error in Trigger:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.AC_Trigger.IsObjectCorrect (UnityEngine.GameObject obToCheck) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/AC_Trigger.cs:177)
    AC.AC_Trigger.OnTriggerEnter (UnityEngine.Collider other) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/AC_Trigger.cs:65)

Edit. it appears that KickStarter.stateHandler is null in my case, wonder why that has just started?
  • @radiantboy: Some changes were made to both the GameEngine and PersistentEngine prefabs in between those updates, so make sure you re-import those as well as the scripts.  You should have a new MultiSceneChecker script on the GameEngine.

If AC can detect any missing scripts, it'll report it when the game begins - is anything else being logged in the console?
  • So, I've held off on updating Unity for quite a little while (still on 5.1).  Should I update to 5.3 since they've had a few iterative releases or should I just wait until 5.4 and wait for Chris to rock the AC update to be fully supported?
  • I'm with 5.3 and everything seems great.