Forum rules - please read before posting.

Growbot

Hello! I've been using Adventure Creator to create a 2D point-and-click adventure game called Growbot. 

In the game you play as Nara, a student growbot on her first day of training on board a space station. Before you can begin learning about your new home's ecosystem of alien flowers and strange creatures, an attack by an unknown force infests the station with large and quickly growing crystals. With communication cut off, you venture out of your room in search of help. Along the way you must make new friends, fix the station's strange machinery, and discover the origins of the crystalline force spreading throughout the station. 

Here's the intro to the game: 

I'm about half way through development and I recently finished the second area of the game. This takes place within a garden greenhouse environment which should hopefully offer contrast to the living quarters of level 1. This is a cutscene of the Cloud Machine from the greenhouse environment: 

If anyone would be willing to playtest the game your feedback would be greatly appreciated! :) Please email me at growbotgame@gmail.com I have both a PC and a Mac build.

Twitter: @growbotgame

Here are some screenshots:

Comments

• Very nice!
  • This looks phenomenal.  I cannot wait to play it!
  • Great work! Love it :)
  • The artwork is absolutely stunning! Can't wait to play this
  • I love this kind of game!!! REally great artwork
  • Realy nice!
  • Magnificent graphics
  • This is a little belated, but I played Growbot about a month or so ago and it was AWESOME!  This game is seriously one of the best (if not the best) indie Point and Click Adventure games I've played.  

It was challenging but frustratingly so.  The sound design in minimal and perfect.  The art is incredible, and that's actually the only criticism I have.  I wish the resolution were higher.   I think in the email you sent, you wrote at what resolution the art was created.  Do you have any plans to make the game "HD"?  Is it possible to do so with the resolution the artwork was created in?  

When I started my game in 2011, the biggest resolution I thought I'd ever need would be 2048x1536 (iPad).  I have since regretted this., as higher resolutions are becoming more common.  But such is life.  

Anyways great job!  Cannot wait to play the full game. 
  • If you have a quick way to make content for 4k, that's great, but for hand painted things like this it will take a long time to produce.

For instance, my own game is at 640x360. Making the graphics at 1280x720 would increase the time tremendously, to the point where I couldn't do it on my own in a realistic timeframe. I don't even want to think about 1920x1080. So, 4k? Forget it. If it's such a big issue for someone to not have my game in those resolutions then so be it, it's not worth the trouble :P
  • Thank you for the kind comments! :) I'm really glad you enjoyed the first two levels @DexterStardust. The game has been built to a resolution of 1920 x 1080 on PC. It would be great to go bigger, but I need to do more reading up on graphic compression as the game is already pretty big as a result of the art. I'm currently using Unity's compression which helps a lot. 
  • Is there a link where I can download and yes the game ?

Thanks
  • Such a beautiful game!
    I am also interested in learning more about how you will deal with higher resolutions than 1920x1080, especially with a game with such large backgrounds.  Looking forward to palying it.
  • Very special atmosphere, very beautiful, well done!