Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionCheckMultiple and holding input like a Conversation

I need some help. In the game I'm working on there are many points where the player presents "evidence" similar to Pheonix Wright games. However it is a little different. 

As a dialogue sequence plays an "evidence" point is reached. Here we present a list of the all the evidence collected(inventory). The player selects the evidence and presses the "Show Evidence" button.

Now to handle this I started creating my own node with ActionCheckMultiple and basing it around the Conversation(copy and pasted more like it, then trimmed and modified). The problem is that unlike Conversation override mode I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to maintain a looping check.

I've gone around to other systems that use ACM, but Conversation seems the best suited. However everything I do always ends up that
-----override public ActionEnd End (List<AC.Action> actions){}
is always run the same tick.

One of my thoughts was to set a dummy convo in the activeConversation or turn on the dummy, but that didn't work either. the Convo comes up but by ActionNode still runs through.

Unfortunately i'm just not familiar enough with the internal system. I could certainly use some insight on how to get this to work.

Comments

• Ok, well after writing all of that I couldn't solve the issue the way I was intending. However while writing the post I had a thought.

What if I start a conversation, hide the menu by locking it, and then choose the a Right, Wrong, optionals[] by force answering the conversation with AC.Kickstart.playerInput.activeConversation.RunOption(int). So I do have a working solution.