Forum rules - please read before posting.

Nav Mesh Agents?

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Is there a simple way to use Nav Mesh Agents with Adventure Creator’s built in navigation system? Simply adding it to the player character created unexpected results, but it was pretty nice when it did work as it allows for path finding around dynamic objects such as NPC’s.

Thanks!
Ben

Comments

• NavMesh Agents are a Unity Pro-only feature, which embarrassingly I don't have myself.  Anyone else?

However, if you can code, then integrating your own Agent-based pathfinding shouldn't be too difficult: the navigation system is designed to be "plug-and-play", meaning you can write a custom script and use that instead of AC's official methods.  Have a look at section 11.3 of the manual for more.
  • I understand well the need to budget ;)  I will take a look at that section of the manual. This is low on my list of priorities to focus on at the moment, but if it moves up I'm sure that I will be able to come up with a solution based on what I've seen so far.

Thanks again!
    Ben