Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue after upgrading from AC1.49a to 1.50i in Menu Manager

Hi Chris,
after the upgrade, re-importing all the package as in the info you wrote (not only the GameEngine prefab), I have this error when hit Play and I see the Game Camera initial position and no player is teleported on the PlayerStart.
If I change the Menu Manager with the original, it start correctly (with all the menu missing errors but I can move the player around).
I have a long Menu Manager, so I don't know where the issue can be (with 1.49a I used this Menu without problems).

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.Options.GetProfileName (Int32 index, Boolean includeActive) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:348)
AC.MenuLabel.GetLabel (Int32 slot, Int32 languageNumber) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:477)
AC.MenuLabel.AutoSize () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:532)
AC.MenuElement.RecalculateSize (MenuSource source) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuElement.cs:761)
AC.Menu.ResetVisibleElements () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:1052)
AC.Menu.Recalculate () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:1091)
AC.PlayerMenus.RebuildMenus (AC.MenuManager menuManager) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:115)
AC.PlayerMenus.OnStart () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:73)
AC.StateHandler.InitPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:75)
AC.StateHandler.OnAwake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:65)
AC.KickStarter.SetPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:101)
AC.KickStarter.OnAwake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:882)
AC.MultiSceneChecker.Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:27)

Comments

• Try clearing your Options data by clicking Reset options data at the bottom of the Settings Manager.
  • Thanks but no, this don't solve the issue.

I discovered the Menus that causes the problem! But only you can tell me how to fix. 

Here's the big hint: in the Elements, I have some Label with the type "Active Save Profile", but when I change that value to "Normal", the game start normally.

I just test the Menus with the Label with that type and they works also with the Normal option... I don't remember why I set them Active SP... if you discover why that happens let me know, now I can continue working on my game with the new AC version.

Bye
  • Are you making use of save game profiles?  If not, then you have no need for that label type.
  • No I dont use Save Game profile. And now mt game works, but i reported this solution because it may be a bug or someone else could hang in my same issue.
  • Fair enough.