Forum rules - please read before posting.

SalsaIsPresent does not work for me

I just started playing around with Salsa lipsync and got it to work when playing sounds manually. I can´t get AC to recognize it though, i added the line SalsaIsPresent in the player settings like this:

SalsaIsPresent;PlayMakerIsPresent;CinemaDirectorIsPresent;PLAYMAKER;PLAYMAKER_1_8

I have Cinemadirector and playmaker in my third-party action type but no salsa. What is wrong?

Comments

• There is no Action for Salsa, as it doesn't require one.  Please read Section 10.6 of the Manual to see how Salsa works with AC.
  • Hmmm I don´t find anythign about salsa 3D anywhere in the manual, section 10.6 is about using expressions and that can´t be it? 
  • Sorry, I was looking at the updating Manual for the upcoming v1.51 release.  Section 10.5 is what you want.  AC's Salsa integration is for 2D only, as 3D should work just fine by itself.
  • Ok I read it but I still have no idea of how to get it working, Let´s say I have a hotspot with an interaction that makes a character speak, how do I set that up? Dialouge: Play speech is only text, right?
  • edited March 2016
    Exactly - you need voice audio for Salsa to work - and you're doing a 3D project, as far as I understand?

I'm currently working on some new character models and plan to make a short demo video to send to my character concept artist to see if he's happy with what I've done so far. I'll share it here with a short guide to setting it up, and getting basic voice audio into your game.

In the meantime, check out their official tutorial videos - they explain it really well.
  • Salsa 3D will work with AC characters that play audio through Dialogue: Play speech.  The Action is not just for text - see the Manual's Section 10.1, as well as this tutorial.
  • I got it working now after reading the tutorial Chris, thanks! My only problem right now is that it takes the clips from the Demo/Recources/Speech. (I accidently had it in my build settings) Is it safe to delete that whole folder?
  • Yes, it is.  You can alternatively set game to rely on your Player's actual name rather than "Player" in the Speech Manager so that the demo's voice files don't get read.