Forum rules - please read before posting.

User interface feedback on Android touch screen devices

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
I was able to get some feedback over the holiday weekend on a simple build I brought along to share. Two questions came from this:

Is there a way to show which button the user touched on a menu? It would be perfect if the mouse over “ Highlight” texture would flash when the button is pressed.

Is there a way to hide the popup hover text of a disabled Hotspot? Someone got stuck clicking on an exit that was not yet enabled because he saw the name come up when he clicked on it.

Thanks!
Ben

Comments

• A hotspot needs to be on the Ignore Raycast layer to be properly disabled. You can use the Object: Send message Action to change it's layer by sending the Turn On and Turn Off messages.
  • That worked perfect, thanks! 

For my other question, is there a way to flash the "Highlight" texture when a user touches a menu button on an Android device?
  • Button flashing will be implemented in the next updated.  You'll have to supply a separate texture, which can either be the same one used to highlight, or a different one.

• Sounds perfect, thanks for the update!