Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character doesn´t walk to marker

edited March 2016 in Technical Q&A
I created a hotspot on a door with the "Walk to marker" action, selected the marker that is located next to the door. and then linked the hotspot to an interaction that is just some dialouge. The problem is that my character walks away from the marker and stops at the exact same spot regardless of where my marker is. At the spot where she walks to there is absolutely nothing other than floor for her to stand on. I have never encountered this problem before, no idea what causes it. 

EDIT: Tried making new hotspots and interactions and the same thing happens with them, she walks to the same place everytime and then the interactions run.

EDIT 2: I thought that navmeshes wasn´t needed when you use direct control but I was wrong, it seems to work when I added a navmesh.

Comments

• It's true that NavMeshes are not required for Direct control.

However, once you instruct AC to move the Player to a Marker, the Player ceases to be under Direct control - it's then relying on pathfinding, and so needs the NavMesh.