Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS Cameras + AC

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Is there any stock support for UFPS regarding the weapon camera?

As is there are 3 active cameras in the scene and its causing bugs (not errors).

Main Camera - AC
FPSCamera - UFPS
WeaponCamera- UFPS

Comments

• I'm afraid not - AC's implementation for UFPS is with more "passive" games in mind.  The FPSCamera is intended, though it shouldn't be active.  What bugs, exactly?
  • edited July 2014
    Hmm interesting, i assumed it had full support from your 1.34 notes, "Using a UFPS-based Player will let you jump, crouch, climb ladders, and all the other cool features of that asset, and still work with AC."

Well it has an issue with displaying 2 sets of weapons, like its getting the weapon from the Weapon camera and the AC main camera or something.

Also when using AC and UFPS there is a framerate drop that im sure is from these 2 cameras "fighting".

I tried making AC not use the weapons layer on the camera but the framerate was still slightly off when using AC.

Keep in mind using AC with just the FPS camera and no weapons/camera the framerate is fine.
  • I apologise for being misleading, it was not my intent - the point was that it allowed for greater movement control than AC's built-in First Person mode
  • Im interested in this too, most specifically how to get stuff to display properly, I think its a camera issue but I simply cannot see any GUI output from AC at all, only cursor changes. EPInteractive can you give me any hints on what Im doing wrong?
  • Fixed this, just need a menu manager, silly me :)