Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rigged Characters disappearing in Unity 5.4 b14

Hi, 
first of all i wanted to say that i really love adventure creator as it saves an enormous amount of time in the development of our game.
after installing the most recent updates for both Unity and adventure creator i discovered a problem. 

When i put a rigged Character (from Mixamo auto-rigger) in my scene it disappears once i move it, even in the scene view. When i deactivate and activate it again it is visible until i change the position or enter playmate or even change the shader. 
To make sure its not because of unity 5.4 b14 or other plugins i created a new project and only imported the character first. It doesn't disappear then. But once i import adventure Creator i have the same Problems again. 
If i import a Character thats not rigged (only mesh) it works too. The character doesn't contain any animations or controllers yet, and since it only happens wehen importing adventure creator and also in the scene view, i think it might have something to do with some editor scripts coming with adventure creator maybe?
Thanks for your help,

Onat 

Comments

• Until Unity 5.4 is officially released, I can't guarantee AC's full compatibility with it.  Does this occur with 5.3.x as well?

In what way does the character disappear?  Is it teleported somewhere out of sight or literally made invisible?  What is your character's Animation engine set to?  Screenshots and as much detail as you can provide will help resolve this more quickly.
  • no its literally made invisible, its only visible after deactivating and activating the game object again, and once i change anything (position, shader, or even another objects parameters it just vanish. in the attached video you can see a regular mesh on the left side and the rigged character on the right side. once i move it just a little (as you can see the transform is still visible) it disappears, after unchecking and checking the game objects activation its there again, while the unrigged mesh on the left stay same.
  • edited April 2016
    The Animation Engine is set to Mecanim, but this even happens without setting anything in a clean project with just adventure Creator and the rigged character imported. and dragging the rigged character into an empty scene. without adventure creator imported the character is displayed fine. So the existence of adventure Creator inside my Project Folder is enough to cause this strange bug.... There aren't even animations or an animation controller in said Fresh Project.
  • PM me a character asset (with all graphics and other relevent assets included) as a .unitypackage file.
  • For anyone else experiencing this issue: try disabling GPU skinning in your Player settings.  It's unclear at this point whether this is a bug with the Unity 5.4 beta.
  • I believe GPU Skinning is not supported on DX9/SM2, so could be that's why it glitches out. You could try to change the Graphics API around in the Player Settings and see if it still happens.