Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] Inventory grid shifting, and hotspot names

I've found what I believe are two bugs with regards to showing inventory item names.

1) When using a button to shift inventory items in a grid, the item name pops up at the old item location when moused over. Here's a gif to show it in action. In this case, I've shifted just one spot to the right.

2) When mousing over nearby inventory items(but separated by a small gap), the hotspot name of the most recently moused-over item appears at the previously moused-over item's location. This happens for just a split second, but it's quite noticeable in-game, especially when mousing over multiple items. You can see this especially at the end of this gif:

Here's a screengrab from my inventory menu (not sure if you need more info):

Comments

• Thanks for the report.  I'll look into these and let you know if I need more info.
  • Awesome, thanks Chris.
  • First is fixed for v1.51e.  The second is considerably more complex - and may require a rewrite or the labelling system.
  • Thanks Chris, much appreciated. If it's any encouragement, the second issue is prevalent throughout all hotspots, not just inventory screens :3
  • edited April 2016
    The second issue (when it comes to inventory) is due to inter-dependency between Menus: first the Inventory menu has to be drawn, then the Hotspot menu gets drawn, then AC can determine what element the cursor is over, then the Hotspot menu can get updated - but only after the Inventory menu itself has been updated.  Hence there is a one-frame gap where things are not always correct.

I've found a workaround by having an additional mini-update after all menus are updated (hopefully with minimal performance impact), but this is likely separate to your "all hotspots" report - though the effect itself is the same.  Could you provide a similar demonstration of this new issue?
  • Awesome news :)

Yup, here's an animation of the same effect with regular hotspots:

I set the hotspot names to be long and short to make the single frame more noticeable. Shout if you need any more info.