Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to make player from another scene appear on a specific marker?

When my player walks though a door and there is a scene-change, how do I make it so that the player appear outside the door and not on the new scenes "Player start"-marker?

If I choose "Position player relative to Marker?" I can only choose from the markers in the scene that I´m already in but I want the player to appear at a marker in another scene. I tried creating a new marker and put it outside the door of Scene 1 in hopes that the player would appear there in Scene 2 but it appeared on Scene 2:s "Player start"

Comments

• I solved it by teleporting the player start outside the door but maybe that´s not the best solution? I feel like there is some easier way? :D
  • Bonus question: Can i choose which should be the active camera when the player comes in to a scene from another scene? For exaple:

Scene 1: Player walks through the front door and Camera1 is active, player walks through the room and the camera changes to Camera2, at this point the player walks throuh a door that takes it to another scene.

Scene 2: Camera3 shows the room, player walks through the door again:

Scene 1: Camera 1 is selectd since it´s this scenes default camera but I want it to be Camera 2 when the player walks through that door from Scene 2 to Scene 1.
  • I think I solved the "Bonus question" with global variables, setting a Bool from the door hotspot in Scene 2 and then checking variables when entering Scene 1 if the bool has been changed and if it is then change camera. Seems to be working but maybe there is a better/faster way?

• You can have multiple PlayerStarts in a scene - each one associated with a different "Previous scene" in it's Inspector.  The one you assign in the Scene Manager is merely the default, ie. the one the Player uses if you start from that scene, or no more appropriate PlayerStart is found.

Each PlayerStart also has it's own associated Camera which gets assigned when that PlayerStart is used.  Again, the one listed in the Scene Manager is just the default.
  • Worked fine! Thank you Chris, great support as always!