Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] Player starts are being ignored in builds

Hello everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue with Adventure creator.

I've setup a couple of player starts to set player's position and active camera when he comes from different scenes. Unfortunately they don't seem to work and player's position resets to default player start and default camera.

This issue is only present in builds (I've tried PC build and WebPlayer), everything works fine in editor.

I've tried to create onstart cutscene that would teleport player to the right spot and setup the camera, but they seem to be ignored in builds too. I've also tried to create custom script that would get previous scene name from AC and change default player start depending on it, but this brought no result.

I'm using AC version 1.50f and Unity 5.3.4

Has anyone encountered something similar?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @_unknown, and sorry for the trouble.

I'm taking it you've entered appropriate Previous scene and Camera on start details into the PlayerStart Inspectors.  Before anything else, I would ask you to upgrade to the latest release of AC so that - if it doesn't fix the issue - at least we're working from the same page to solve the issue.
  • Hello Chris!

Yep, everything was setup, but as it turned out updating the AC solved the problem. I should have checked that in the first place. Thanks for your help.