Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scrolling Text/Sprite Talk Animation

I have a quick question. I have some scrolling text with a noise playing every time a letter is written and NPCs that have a talk animation during the talking sequence. The problem is once the text is done scrolling the NPC animation continues talking (indefinitely, as the dialog is set to wait forever until the player clicks). 

Is there a way to set the animations so that once the text is done scrolling the animation will go back to idle? Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments

• Update to the latest AC, open up Speech.cs, find the StopScrolling() function (around line 606) and paste in the following:

if (speaker) speaker.StopSpeaking ()
  • edited May 2016
    That fixed it! Thank you so much, Chris! You da man.

On the subject on scrolling text, I notice sometimes my text jumps down a line while the scrolling text is writing it out. Is there any way for me to fix this?

Thanks again.
  • Not easily - you could insert the carriage returns into the text box itself I suppose.  If you were using Unity UI as your Menu's Source you could also perhaps write a script that does this.
  • That'll work! Thanks Chris.