Forum rules - please read before posting.

Profile expressions acting strangely

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to use expressions in dialogue and it's behaving strangely.

When scrolling speech is OFF, they work as intended: the character has the Confused expression for every dialogue box with [expression:Confused] in it.

When they're on, however, expressions only show up if I click to skip dialogue.  Specifically, I need to click to skip the part of the dialogue I call the expression in.

That means that the same dialogue will show NO expression if I let it play naturally, and will only show an expression if I try to skip it.  That's no good!  I want everyone to see expressions, not just the less patient players.

Things also behave as intended if I use the separate Character: Switch Portrait action, but I'd much rather use the quick shortcuts than a separate node for each facial expression.

Here's the dialogue, in case I'm somehow doing something wrong:

And here's the subtitles menu, just in case that helps:

I'm using Adventure Creator 1.52 and Unity 5.3.2f1 (So, pretty much up to date.)

-John

Comments

• edited June 2016
    I can only recreate this problem when the expression tag is at the very start of the speech text.  I will look to fix this for 1.52a - in the meantime, try inserting a space before the tag.