Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug report/resolution (Camera2.5Ds and Constant ID components)

Hey Chris!
In my 2.5D game, since updating Unity 5.3.1f1 to 5.3.5f1 and then AC 1.50i to 1.52, saving and then loading failed, with the camera not changing on load. On save, there's this console warning:
"GameObject Office Camera was not saved because it does not have a 'Constant ID' script - please exit Play mode and attach one to it."
Sure enough, it's easily resolved by adding a Constant ID to each camera. New cameras don't include this component; I may be mistaken, but seems like maybe they should.

Just a flag on something that may be improveable, all good on my end. :D

Comments

• edited July 2016
    It's not a bug, though that Console warning should have also been present in v1.50i.

GameCameras that can be active when the game is saved must be assigned a Constant ID script, as the warning describes.  You can read more about the save system in the Manual's Section 9.

You can take care of this automatically from the top of the Settings Manager: click Auto-add save components to GameObjects and AC should do the rest.  However, I would recommend you first read Section 9 of the Manual first to understand what it will be doing.
  • Gotcha! Not sure why this changed with the upgrade, but thanks so much, Chris!