Forum rules - please read before posting.

Nested actionlists being interleaved

Hey friends!
I have a reasonably large conversation (~300 nodes), so I was attempting to split it up into multiple ActionLists to make it easier to manage. As such, I have a top level ActionList that uses the "ActionList: Run" action on each other ActionList as appropriate (with the "Wait until finish" option).

However, when played, I'm not observing an actual wait for the sub-actionlist finishes. It appears that the sub-actionlist will play until it gets to a conversation (i.e. a dialog choice), and then it'll flip back to the main actionlist and run until getting to a conversation, at which point it continues on the subactionlist, going back and forth at conversations.

Is this familiar behavior? Any idea of a fix/workaround?

Thanks!
Adam

Comments

• Admittedly that's perhaps not ideal behaviour, but when the Dialogue: Start conversation Action is triggered, the ActionList itself ceases to run.  This is the case even if you make use of its "Override options" feature: when the user picks a dialogue option, the ActionList basically just resumes from that point.

I would recommend you instead use another ActionList: Run in the nested ActionList to re-run the original one, rather than have the original one wait for the nested to end.  You can specify which Action it starts from, rather than have it start at the beginning.
  • Ohh, that makes perfect sense. Your suggestion was a perfect, easy fix. Thanks so much! :D