Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animated icon cursor - not able to make it works...

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi all.
In my game, I choose hotspot the interaction. When the interaction icons are displayed under the mouse cursor, are in black and white. When I go on the interaction icon, I would like to make it coloured.
I tryed using the animated cursor. As Chris suggested, I made a single texture (in png format) with 2 frames arranged horizontally and set up the icon menu like in the pic.

But when I click on the hotspot it shows me both icons, like in this pic:

I'm surely make something wrong, so if someone have already implemented this and can give me some advice i'll be grateful!

For now, I'm using an outside color to evidence the icon I'm choosing. I create 2 identical icons but 1 have a color surrounding it. I put this icon in the Menu manager, under Interaction, and in the Menu element I put under highlight texture, the surrounded pic.

But I would like to change all the icon color... if that's possible.
Tx and bye

Comments

• Animated cursor icons are not yet supported for "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" mode.
  • Is this something that you'd consider adding, Chris?
  • I think so, he said "not yet"...  [-O<
  • edited August 2014
    ChrisIceBox
    Sorry if I ask, but do you think to implement this in an imminent update or it will be in a sort of limbo?
    I'm making the new interaction icons and i would like to know if maybe is better to wait for some time to make them animated...
    Tx in advance!
  • From the 1.37 upgrade notes:

• Added: Interaction menu elements now support animated Cursor Icons
  • Yep @Guran, i have read it, but i cannot find how to set it up... i have to create a single texture with 2 frames arranged horizontally?
  • Cool!!! TX!  \:D/
  • edited August 2014
    Ok, it worked great but... the animation speed can be set at "1" minimum... and it's tooooo much. I would like to change it in 0.1 but I cannot put the point. 
  • @ChrisIceBox, there's a way to lower this value manually in some script? 
  • It'll be in the next update.
  • Ehm... after upgrading to 1.40, the issue come back... I see again all the frame of my animated cursor.
    I have to set something I didn't notice?
  • @ChrisIceBox
    Maybe you didn't notice this comment because i used an old post, so I rewrite. 
    Only upgrading from 1.39 to 1.40 (and without changing anything in the Cursor Manager) the old issue come back to life... :( 
  • Have you read the upgrade notes?  You need to amend your animated texture settings to display the number of columns and rows - not just frames, because grid-based animations are now supported.
  • Sorry, I didn't noticed the column and rows slots...  ^:)^
    I came from 1.39 first version, bc it goes well for me... so I missed some upgrade notes. 
    :\">
  • Hey Chris sorry to bother you, I'm having issues with getting an animated cursor to work too. I have created an animated spritesheet of 4 frames organised into 2 columns. I have assigned the spritesheet to the texture, set the frames to 4 - rows to 2 and columns to 2. when playing the game the cursor just appears as the spritesheet. Is there something i'm missing? 
  • @LukeHyde - what cursor are you trying to animate?  Any error messages in the Console?  You need to made sure that the texture has "Read / Write enabled" checked in its import Inspector for AC to be able to extract animation frames from it.
  • Oh my god checking the "Red/Write enable" worked. Thanks for everything Chris! This plugin has been a godsend :D