Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction Then Hotspot - Hotspots Only React to Relevant Interaction?

Hey there,

I have a bit of a strange question. I'm trying to create a system using the Interaction Then Hotspot selection method. I suppose I have two questions.

1) Is there a way to have all interaction cursors change on mouse over the way the default one does to denote the presence of hotspots?

2) Is there a way for hotspots to only react if the relevant cursor is moused over? For instance with the Menu Hotspots label. I'd only want the label to appear if say, you had "Use" selected and moused over an object with a "Use" interaction as opposed to ones with no interaction option for Use. In short, I want to only highlight interactable options that are indeed interactable as opposed to every hotspot for every interaction. Is this possible?

Like always, thanks for the tremendous help!

Best.

Comments

• 1) Cursors can be animated, but not currently only when over Hotspots.

2) Hotspot-specific cursor cycling can be achieved by setting your Interaction method to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction, and Select Interactions by to Cycling Cursor And Clicking Hotspot.

This causes the interaction cursors to only show when the mouse is over a Hotspot - because it is then able to limit which cursors are shown to just those that the Hotspot accepts.
  • 1) Ah shame, I thought as much!

2) Was also afraid of this, but that's okay! I'll explore what I can do!

Thanks again, Chris!