Forum rules - please read before posting.

Investi-Gator and the Mystery at Crime Manor

Hey everyone!

This is Investi-Gator and the Mystery at Crime Manor, a very short/goofy adventure game I made in a few weeks.

It's about an alligator who tries his best!

This was our first time using Adventure Creator, so a lot of the basic UI is still barely modified from the default stuff.  We're planning on doing a pretty big overhaul before our next game!

Anyway, Adventure Creator really made this easy- we made the whole thing in two weeks and only one person ever touched Unity the whole time.  Thanks for this great tool!  Definitely recommending it to anyone I know who wants to make an adventure game, or even someone who just wants a convenient + easy way to handle cutscenes/dialogue for any type of game.

Comments

• Oh, and here's a video of someone playing it with no commentary, if you'd rather just watch it played:

• Hey! I really love the art style and it was pretty funny! (I just watched the video). I liked the voices, but I think it would be nicer if there were a few more syllables for the gator to say, because sometimes the constant repetition of a syllable feels a little clunky. I also liked the art you used when you presented the items. Over all it was pretty good, albeit short. 

Anyways, I'll keep my eyes open for your next project. :)
  • By the way, I noticed you have no shadows, if you are going to be working on mobile and don't want to use real time shadows (like me), then you could try Swift Shadows: 
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14307

They're faster than blob shadows and you can put them practically everywhere. 

Oh, by the way, I liked the way you used the rim light, I rarely use it, but with your art style it looks pretty good.
  • Hey thanks!  I'll look into swift shadows tonight.  Looks interesting!
  • It was short but so funny! We need more games with a lighthearted atmosphere like this one.